If you're happen to be in Ipoh or plan to have a quick trip to Ipoh, you may consider this places.
I have a blast last weekend with my 2 friends. May consider for a repeat though. The places i've listed below are according to my visit.
1st Stop: Gopeng Heritage House
- we stopped here on our way to Ipoh, so we tok exit Gopeng from PLUS highway and heading towards Batu Gajah. From exit, this place is like 5 minutes by car. It is located at the center of Pekan Gopeng. No entrance fee, instead it has donation box to help them maintain this place. Donate as you please ^^
2nd Stop: Kellie's Castle
- the mystery tales is enough to draw you into this place. Seeing the old castle as a symbol of love from a man to his wife and son was overwhelmed. Kellie'e Castle is only 10 minutes form the 1st stop. Entrance fee only RM5.
3rd Stop: Japanese Garden, DR Seevanigam Park
- this is our first stop after arrived in Ipoh & checked-in at the hotel. The garden is quite nice but the current haze and dry season make it a bit unappealing but still have people strolled & jogged here. This garden is a collaboration between Ipoh and Fukuoka city.
4th Stop: Ipoh Railway Station
- this building has its own uniqueness which also known as Taj Mahal Ipoh to the local people. When we stopped by here, few amateur photographers are in action and also a wedding photo shoot is on-going. At this station, you can see Dewan Bandaran Ipoh building and also held a monument for Thailand-Burma Death Railway.
5th Stop: Kinta Riverfront Walk
- we came to this place after a big dinner, so to burn all that calories doesn't seem bad at all. This place is quite packed on Saturday night with families. You can rent bicycle here for affordable price to go around the park. This place is beautiful with all the colorful lights.
6th Stop: Birch Memorial Clock Tower
- we came here on Sunday after we had brunch at the food court next to this place. It was scorching hot at that time. The clock is still functioning perfectly though. This clock tower is next to Masjid Negeri Ipoh.
7th Stop: Ipoh Wall Art Mural (along Jalan Dato Onn Jaafar)
- it is quite tricky to find this street. It is scattered at small alleys along Jalan Dato Onn Jaafar, which took us few rounds around the block to actually found it. But, its all worth the effort on 12 noon with sun shining so strong. I can't fit in all mural pics here, so you guys much go check it out.
- if you happen to be at Jalan Sultan Yussuf, go check the alley (next to Burps & Giggles cafe). You will find some cool murals too.
On my next entry will be about foods & cafes i did in Ipoh. Ipoh has so many urban cafes for you to check out & taste the good food.
Till next time.